.NET Memory Management and GC Myths
Just came across this series of post by Paul Wilson on .NET Memory Management and GC Myths. He talks about how to handle large objects and how .NET Framework internally manages memory when Object.Dispose() is called. Beside the post, the comments section is also good where they had good discussion on some points.
- .NET Memory Management and Garbage Collection
- .NET GC Myth #1 - Set Object to Null
- .NET GC Myth #2 - The GC Frees Memory
- .NET GC Best Practice - ALWAYS Call Dispose
- .NET GC is Excellent - Better Than Java